Heart Health Awareness Toolkit
An alarming 48 percent of Americans currently suffer from cardiovascular disease, which can take many forms:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Vascular Insufficiency Diseases
These conditions may lead to blockages that obstruct the flow of blood, hindering the delivery of oxygen and nutrition needed for proper wound healing, impeding the healing process.
Know The Risks
- Heart risk factors may lead to obstruction in the flow of blood.
- Decreased blood flow hinders the delivery of oxygen and nutrition needed for proper wound healing.
- An unhealed wound on the foot or leg can lead to complications such as infection, hospitalizations, or even amputation.
- Nearly 1 in 2 Americans suffer from a cardiovascular disease. Coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and other issues with the heart and vessels can cause blockages that obstruct the flow of blood.
Join us in preventing amputations through increased awareness of heart health and its impact to chronic wounds. You can help share the message with the heart health infographic, social media or sticker assets linked below.
1 in 2 Americans suffer from a cardiovascular disease. Coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and other issues with the heart and vessels can cause blockages that obstruct the flow of blood.
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) is a condition that develops when the arteries that supply blood to organs become completely or partially blocked.
How To Help Your Wound Heal
Discover what our research shows about healing and how you help your wound heal.
Contributing Clinical Team
We are committed to use research to advance our understanding of diabetes as it relates to wound care and to continually improve treatment. Meet our contributing experts that are helping us spread the diabetes awareness message!
William Ennis, Do, MBA, MMM, CPE
Clinical Medical Officer
Carolyn Shinn, RN, BSN, CWS
VP, Clinical & Quality Process Excellence
Start your journey to healing.
We partner with more than 600 hospitals nationwide to provide standard and advanced would care for patients with chronic, non-healing wounds. Find a Healogics Wound Care Center near you and get on the road to healing.