Heart Health and Wound Healing
1 in 3 Americans suffer from a cardiovascular disease. Coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and other issues with the heart and vessels can cause blockages that obstruct the flow of blood.
- Decreased blood flow hinders the delivery of oxygen and nutrition needed for proper wound healing.
- An unhealed wound on the foot or leg can lead to amputation.
- 82% of leg amputations are due to poor circulation of the affected limb.
What does cardiovascular disease include?
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Heart valve problems
- Heart attack
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Vascular disease
- Take off your socks at your next checkup and speak up about any problems with your legs or feet.
- If you or a loved one is living with a wound and cardiovascular disease, request an appointment below.
American Heart Association
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Request an Appointment
Ready to get on the path to healing?
Healogics is the expert in wound healing. Our wound care specialists are ready to see you at one of our 600+ Wound Care Centers® across the country. Enter your information to request an appointment at the closest Wound Care Center to you. No referral needed.
Find a Center
Not quite ready to request an appointment?
Enter your zip code or city and state below to see nearby locations.