Healogics Wound Healing Centres' complaints procedure operates as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.
Our aim is that our complaints procedure should:
- be easily accessible and well publicised
- be simple to understand and use
- allow speedy handling, within established time limits for action, and keep people informed of progress
- ensure a full and fair investigation
- provide support and advocacy for those involved in a complaint
- ensure patient confidentiality
- address all the points of concern and provide an effective response and appropriate redress
- learn from feedback and investigation outcomes so that services can be improved
If you have a complaint or concern
If you have any sort of concern about the service you have received, please let us know. We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly at the time they arise. Please contact our administration office:
Tel: 01323 735588
If however, this is not possible and you wish to make a formal complaint, please contact our Regional Director, via email or in writing with the details of your complaint:
43 Gildredge Road
Ideally, we would like to be informed of your concerns/ complaints as soon as they happen in order to help resolve any issues. Complaints must be made within 12 months of the date of the event that is the subject of the complaint or the date that the matter came to your attention. If this is not feasible, please provide us with details of your complaint, together with an explanation of the delay as soon as you are able.
If you are concerned regarding the safety of a child or vulnerable adult within our care please contact our Regional Director (as above) who can advise you of our Safeguarding procedures.
What we will do
We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint within three working days. A full investigation will then be carried out and we will provide you with a written response within 20 working days.
When we look into your complaint we will aim to:
If you are not satisfied
- find out what happened and what went wrong
- give you the opportunity to discuss the problem if you would like to
- ensure that you receive a full explanation where possible
- identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t arise again
We hope that you will use our complaints procedure, as we believe this will give both you and us the best opportunity to resolve the problem. If however, you do not feel comfortable raising your complaint with us, you can contact the local Commissioning Support Unit, via the contact details below:
If you are a patient at our Eastbourne Centre, please contact:
NHS South East Commissioning Support Unit
Customer Services Team
Tel: 03000 424244
If you are a patient at any of our Centres in Crawley, Horsham and Mid Sussex please contact:
NHS South Commissioning Support Unit:
Comments and Complaints Team
NHS Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG
Lower Ground Floor, Crawley Hospital
West Green Drive
Crawley, RH11 7DH
Tel: 0300 790 0502
Complainants have the right to approach the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, if they are dissatisfied with the way their complaints are dealt with or if they feel their complaint is of a very serious nature. Patients also have the right to approach the Ombudsman if they feel that this patient guide is inaccurate or misleading.
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Tel: 0345 015 4033