Our Tissue Viability service in Nursing and Care homes has changed from the 14 March 2016
From this date, all new referrals received will be initially triaged by our Tissue Viability team at our Eastbourne Centre. We will then provide either:
- a remote plan of care, or
- a Tissue Viability Health Care Support Worker who will visit your patient to collect primary data required for our assessment forms
If your referral requires us to assess your patient, we will schedule an appointment with you and ask that you have the following prepared:
- Patient available for dressings to be taken down, so that photos can be taken
- Nursing Home nurse to be available to redress the wound after photography
- Medical records and all other relevant notes and information to be available
- Consent forms signed by the patient or nominated Power of Attorney for health
Our support worker will then discuss the findings with our Tissue Viability Nurses (TVNs) to enable a detailed plan of care to be prepared or
arrange for specialist intervention by the TVN where appropriate i.e. sharp debridement / negative pressure wound therapy etc.
Who can you refer?
Our service can accept patients who:
How do you refer?
- have any wound of longer than 6 weeks duration which is not improving
- have an existing wound which has suddenly deteriorated
- have Pressure injuries of category 3 or above or those which are unstageable due to necrosis
Please complete a referral form and send it via email to: email@example.com
Please click on the links below to download:
A copy of the referral form:
EHS Nursing Home Service Referral Form
EHS Nursing Home Consent Form
Clinical Photography of Wounds Consent Form
A guideline document detailing the processes outlined in this letter, for display in your staff areas.
Tissue Viability Process Map
If you have any questions relating to our new service, please call us on 01323 735588.